The first European porcelain factory was located in Meissen after Johann Friedrich Bottger and his friend Walther von Tschirnhaus with tests, she discovered the technical basic concepts for making hard porcelain.
Bottger succeeded in 1707 first in the manufacture of red pottery and a year later the first porcelain parts came. The Saxon monarch, Prince Elector Frederick August the II (Augustus the strong), who later became king of Poland as Augustus de II, by decree the Königliche Porcellain Fabrique was founded 1710-1763, the son of Augustus de II, Prince Elector Frederick August III continued this.
During the seven-year war 91756-1763) Saxony was occupied by the Prussians and the Prussian king Frederick II, regarded the factory as his property. After the war, the factory again became the property of the Saxon monarch. The name was changed to Churfürstliche Porcellain Fabrique 1763-1807.
In 1807 Poland was elevated to kingdom by Napoleon of France and then the factory was named Königliche Porzellan Manufaktur, 1807-1919.
In 1831 Saxony became a constitutional monarchy, the king gave his right to the factory and the factory became state property and retained its name.
After the First World War, Saxony became a republic and a federal state in the German Republic, the name of the factory was changed to Staatliche Porzellan Manufaktur, 1919-1946, but the factory remained the property of the Saxon Republic.
After the Second World War Saxony became part of Germany and was occupied by Soviet Union.
In 1945, at the request of the Soviet, the factory was dismantled and the installations were transported to the Soviet. But a few months later, a number of factory workers had restored parts of the factory and production was restarted.
In 1946 the Soviet seized the plant and operated it as a branch and named it Porzellanmanufaktur Meissen and state ownership of Soviets (SAG ACement) Four years later it was sold to the German State (GDR) and the factory was named VEB Staatliche Porzellanmanuafaktur Meissen 1950 -1990, after 1990 after the GDR was canceled the factory was returned to its historical owner the Republic of Saxony and renamed the factory Staaliche Porzellan Manufaktur Meissen.
Carl Techert, 1857-1872 made tiles and wall tiles from 1872-1945 1879 production of decorative figurines and household porcelain with onions motif.
Because of the 1st and 2nd World War a lot of the Meissen porcelain was lost in our web shop there is no 18th century porcelain 19th, 20th or 21st century.